Africa-Experience is a tour operating business with ground-handling offices in Tanzania, Kenya, South Africa and Namibia. Since 2007, we take our guests on exciting safaris and adventurous trekking tours in East and Southern Africa.
We are looking for experienced travel consultants to join our team in Somerset West.
The successful candidate must be passionate about Africa, able to work under pressure, have attention to detail, be customer focused, show leadership qualities, be an excellent team player, committed, hardworking and eager to continuously learn.
Your responsibilities include:
- Directly liaising with international clients & agents via various communications channels such as email, telephone, social media etc., for various inbound enquiries
- Planning and designing itineraries, combining appropriate accommodations and destinations
- Managing the reservation process for bookings up until completion of travel
- Fast turnaround time on all enquiries
- Occasional Saturday duty (on a rotational basis- ca every 6-8 weeks)
- Travelling will be required for educational trips (We only sell what we have personally experienced!)
- Good destination knowledge for Tanzania, Kenya, Namibia and/ or South Africa
- Knowledge and understanding of tour operating and reservations processes based on study and/or work experience
- Languages: Fluent in written and spoken German and English is essential (not negotiable!)
- Have a good telephone manner and excellent communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational skills and be able to multitask
- Computer literate with MS-Office, especially Word, Excel, as well as email applications-/client such as Outlook or Thunderbird
- Working experience in electronic reservation systems Jack, SABRE
- Minimum of three year’s travel and/or tour consulting experience
- Travel and Tourism (or related) preferred but not essential
- Accurate and having attention to detail whilst working under pressure
- Excellent communication
- customer focused
- committed and hardworking
- eager to learn
- excellent team player
- a competitive salary based on experience
- contribution to medical aid
- 25 leave days per year
- educational trips
- welcoming working environment in a friendly and supportive team
If you are passionate about Africa and seek a position with an international travel company, please send your CV, a motivational letter and salary expectations to Daniel at hr [at] africa-experience [dot] com. Please add the subject line “Application: Travel Expert”.